1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OIL TOP UPS

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JohnBoy, Dec 17, 2004.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

I have a 2.0 petrol Multitronic and seem to have to top up with a litre of oil every 2 months. There is no sign of leakage nor smokey exhaust. Is this normal? I've never had a car that uses so much oil.
  2. imported_Macduff

imported_Macduff Guest

How many miles and what type of driving between fill-ups?
  3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

I've done 37k and its 50% motorway high speed 50% urban. My cycle have not chnaged in at least 4 company cars but I have never got through so much oil
  4. imported_Macduff

imported_Macduff Guest

Have you owned it from new? If not, maybe it was babied too much during the run in.

Of course 1 litre every couple of months is what - about 2 - 3k miles? That's not really excessive consumption. Most manufacturers seem to find it acceptable for a motor to use up to 1 litre every 1k.
  5. imported_Smudge973

imported_Smudge973 Guest

Is it an FSI - I had exactly the same problem - turned out my car was at the stealers for 2 weeks has a new cylinder head and that sorted the problem - done 12k without the need for any oil since ! Let me know.