1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil pump tensioner

SamHendry Feb 4, 2018

1. SamHendry

SamHendry Active Member

When I done the oil pump on my s3 noticed tensioner was worn, wasnt sure how to change it at the time so left it now its bugging me..

Some insight of what's involved would be helpful, can it be done with just sump off?

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

nope... need to remove the front crank seal cover to remove so thats damper pulley, crank pulley and making sure the timing bet is aligned etc...

<tuffty/>

3. SamHendry

SamHendry Active Member

Do you need to remove sump aswell tuffty or can it all be done via crank cover?

How do folk remove the crank bolt on there driveway?

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a3...ing_sealing_flanges_and_flywheel/drive_plate/

Never done one that way so don't recall if its possible but tbh if I was doing it I would prob remove it to make it easier

You will need a new crank bolt as they are one use... you will be best served replacing the crank seal too as it could get damaged and I doubt it will reseal once disturbed

There are various tools available to lock the crank but this is what Bill and I knocked up to take mine off after gearchangegate
    http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-minor-modding-thread.76389/page-69#post-2225744

<tuffty/>

SamHendry likes this.
  5. SamHendry

SamHendry Active Member

Cheers tuffty not as straight forward as I wished, trick idea welding that steel box section to the crank, maybe look into doing something similar myself.