1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil pump balance shaft

0120raptor Dec 4, 2013

1. 0120raptor

0120raptor Member

A3 quattro 2007 bmn engine 170ps .Does my engine have the troublesome balance shafts and if so do I need to do the oil pump mod and where do I get the parts?

2. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

I don't believe they do, I think these are on the CR engine?

3. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

Don't know about the CR engine but I think that's the same Pd as my Wife's and I am sure, like the BKD 140 the balance shaft issue doesn't exist for them. I have a file saved on my home compuer I am sure that has some of the codes, will see if I can dig it out for you unless someone else can confirm first? What I have is a copy of the Audi Driver magazine article, maybe someone else has a link?

4. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

Right, not so good news, I didn't find the Adu Drver article, I think it's been deleted and the link now just takes you to a generic Audi Driver page, may be possible if you knew when it was published to look it up butI don't.
    There is another post on here; http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...lems-definitive-guide-audi-vw-skoda-seat.html
    Loads of good info and your engine code is mentioned in the first couple of lines ;)

5. hollow

hollow Well-Known Member

to clear it up for you any cr 170
    engine produced before sept 2009 has the same bad oil pump drive design , i had to change it on a 58 plate audi a4 170 with cr engine ,but have witnessed first hand it happen on audi and skoda brands