Oil Pressure warning light

I

imported_scooters

Hi there,
I've got a bit of a problem with my oil pressure light on a 2.6 80 Avant (1994). Basically, once in a while, the oil pressure light will light up, beep 3 times and then go out. This is usually followed by another warning about 3 mins later. This usually happens about 20 mins into a journey then doesn't happen again. Oil Pressure is fine (checked in service last week) and the oil level is correct (not overfilled either).
Has anyone else had this happen to them??? - thinking that it may be the oil pump perhaps which is on its way out but not sure. If it is, is this easy to fit?

In addition to this, my reverse lights have just packed up. as there are two lights, i have discounted both bulbs going so am presuming that a wire is spilt between the boot and car. Is this easy to fix??

Many thanks in advance for any advice received

Yup - had the same thing on my 2.6 12v. Never sorted it in the end (learnt to put up with it, and the engine went on to 250,000 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

But one thing I did notice was that it happened more often when it was wet - leading me to think it was possibly a dodgy connector on the O/P switch. As yours - the oil pressure guage showed good pressure all the time and it was never low on oil...

Probably worth cleaning the switch contacts and the connecting wire. Not sure if it is the same switch as the sender unit for oil pressure though....