Oil pressure warning light on

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
had a look into this and believe its the balance shaft unit seen kits on ebay for £450 to use the 1.8T pump set up can i just source the parts individually or do i need that kit to recoil the mounting bolts or can i just use the part numbers listed below to do a DIY delete ?? Any help appreciated as car is now off the road

06B 103 623 P

06A 105 209 B

06A 115 105 B

N 907 040 01

06A 115 251 N

909 450 01

N 028 222 2

06A 115 125

06A 115 130

interested to know this too, depending how bad it is a hex shaft replacement might be enough.

Just realised yours is a 2.0t. Believe it is kit #13 or #14, I believe @Gazwould would know better :)

You can also call the guys on the number on their website and ask for the relevant kit #.

Kit # 13/14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either , depends if you want the additional crankshaft sprocket of kit 14.

Reactions: V6_Man
Im going to strip it tonight and see whats actually gone i suspect the balance shaft has locked up and took the oil pump chain out

Will them kits delete the balance shaft or ate they just to repair the unit and oil pump ??

Well its stripped and might be a bit of good news the pick up pipe was full of carbon deposits and the chain and tensioner are all intact and sprockets are all intact too.

Going to order new pick up pipe and seal in morning and fingers crossed it will be good to hit the road again.

I presume the fresh oil and filter change has dislodged the carbon Build up in the engine and after some spirited driving yesterday has been picked up by the pump pick up.

Il let you all know how it goes

Reactions: UisT4
If you still want to do the delete in the future I'll look for the parts I used.
Please let me know cos it'll take me an age to find all the old info.

I wouldn't leave the chain driven balance shaft in it if it was mine. I'd either delete or upgrade with gears and upgraded hex shaft.
I did the delete and I now have no worries!

When i did the pick up pipe looking through the little oil drain holes in the balance shaft housing i could see some gears but dunno if that was the ends of the balance shafts them selves ??

Im tempted to buy a BUL long block if i can source one cheap and build it up with the 1.8Tpump and forged internals too

I'll look for a photo of the balance shaft assembly in situe. on my blb before I got rid of it just to see if the chain was visible from underneath.
I seem to remember that it was?