1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil pressure warning light came on

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Turkster, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

having really pushed the engine today for a short while after a hours worth of driving today the oil pressure light popped up, so i backed off the power and put the car into neutral, the warning went off, then i went to a stopping place, and the car was running as normal. oil level seems to be ok, just wanted your views on what may have caused this? maybe add more oil or add a oil additive to it to thin it down a bit ?
  2. Mike B

Mike B Member

What oil is in there?Is it due a change?
  3. Turkster

its got long life and the OBC says its got another 4800 miles or 360 days, I must add that i was ragging the arse off the engine when it kicked in, I will have it in for its yearly service next month at Audi.
  4. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Active Member

mine did this last year turned out it was the oil pessure switch .. just behind the oil cooler filter housing put a new one on and hasnt come back on yet
  5. Turkster

its not a thing that hapens all the time, its only happened twice now, but after iv given the car a real trash for a mad mile, drive the car like normal and nothing, may be time for that oil change me thinks,

do you have a part number for it mate and a price? was it easy enough to do ?
  6. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Active Member

sorry no part number but dead easy to get to