1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil pressure sensor location

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Shawny-S3, May 21, 2011.

1. Shawny-S3

Shawny-S3 New Member

[May 21, 2011]
    hi all just a quick one after low oil pressure warnings ive fitted a new oil pick up but befor i start the car i would like to have an oil pressure test ready to go so i know instantly if the problem still persists but i cant seem to see the oil pressure sensor could anybody tell me the location of it. also what pressure should the gauge be reading when i do start it ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

[May 22, 2011]
    The only pressure sensor on the car is a switch, which only activates above 1500rpm. It will only flash a light on the dash if the pressure drops. You can fit a pressure sensor on the oil filter and then have a gauge in the car. There is a spare thread hole on top of the oil filter you just need to remove the hex plug and install the sensor. Pick one up from ebay for about £30 in PSI.
  4. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

[May 22, 2011]
    located on the right side of the oil cooler, under the inlet manifold, you will need a 24 spanner to remove it. you also need to remove the oil feed on the cooler to the turbo. cost me £14 from audi last month