1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil pressure or just the un-known

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by zorro, Oct 24, 2007.

1. zorro

zorro New Member

[Oct 24, 2007]
    :idea: Hi all

My A4 has done something very strange so can anyone help or have an idea or has this happen to you.. right here i go

I sat at the light the oil light comes on .. i had topped up the oil 2 days ago so i thought must have a leak .. drove down the road 200 meters parked up check oil and was full started car back up drove 3 meters a grating noise .. i thought it was the oil pump i had a call out to have it taken to audi i started it back up car ticking over fine no noise drives ok while i was waiting for recovery.. oil light hasent come on since..

DOES ANY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Oct 25, 2007]
    By any chance do you drive a 1.8T? There's a frequent problem with this engine relating to sludged up oil pump giving intermittent problems. Suggested fix i've heard repeated many times is to have the pump removed & cleaned, flush the engine & replace the oil feed pipe to the turbo. Not expensive as only a couple of hours labour, any competant mechanic should be able to do this so you can avoid the main dealer!