1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil pressure or just the un-known

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by zorro, Oct 24, 2007.

1. zorro

zorro New Member

Apr 18, 2007

My A4 has done something very strange so can anyone help or have an idea or has this happen to you.. right here i go

I sat at the light the oil light comes on .. i had topped up the oil 2 days ago so i thought must have a leak .. drove down the road 200 meters parked up check oil and was full started car back up drove 3 meters a grating noise .. i thought it was the oil pump i had a call out to have it taken to audi i started it back up car ticking over fine no noise drives ok while i was waiting for recovery.. oil light hasent come on since..

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Jun 5, 2007
    By any chance do you drive a 1.8T? There's a frequent problem with this engine relating to sludged up oil pump giving intermittent problems. Suggested fix i've heard repeated many times is to have the pump removed & cleaned, flush the engine & replace the oil feed pipe to the turbo. Not expensive as only a couple of hours labour, any competant mechanic should be able to do this so you can avoid the main dealer!