1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil pressure gauge fitting...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by tezmanian devil, Nov 20, 2011.

1. tezmanian devil

tezmanian devil New Member

Evening guys and girls,

I hoping to fit an oil pressure gauge to my 1.8t a3 but just wanted to know if il need anything to go ahead with it?
    All iv got is the gauge and the pressure sensor/sender thing, do I need anything to bolt it into the engine or is there somewhere I can bolt the sensor straight in?
    Also, where have people fitted there sensor?

Any help would be marvellous!
    Thanks in advance :)
  2. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Active Member

Top of the the oil filter housing there is a spare oil adapter socket. It should just screw into there. Should be an electric one so just need to feed a wire in to the cabin
  3. tezmanian devil

tezmanian devil New Member

Cheers for the quick response dude, where's best to run my wire through, iv also got a boost gauge that I need to plum in aswel, is there any holes that I can poke through or do I need to drill and gromet my own hole?
  4. Lee172

Lee172 GT3071

There should be some gromets on the bulkhead somewhere behind the airbox/filter. What oil pressure gauge did you get?
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

There is a grommet in the corner of the scuttle next to the pollen filter (passenger side) or you can drill holes in the cap (drivers side) where the loom enters the cabin...

<tuffty/>