1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Level Sensor

JoeD Jun 21, 2013

1. JoeD

JoeD Member

00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
    27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Sounds like I need a new Oil level sensor, does anyone know where I could get one, other than Audi. Had a look on carparts4less but could not find one there. My car is a MY2000 APY S3.

For the record I had the sump dropped and changed the oil pick up pipe about 1000 miles ago with all genuine audi parts/plugs/sealant.

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Euro car parts do it, i got mine from there, i believe it was a genuine part as well, just had the original markings rubbed off.

3. JoeD

JoeD Member

Really? Do you have a link to the part mate? I had a look on there but didn't see one.

Ive found one on ebay, but its from an 2001 AMK engine, would it fit/be the same as the sensor on my APY engine? As both are rated at 210ps

Thanks.

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Im sorry mate i dont have the part number i just rang them and got it from them, worth giving them a call as they sorted it over the phone rather than online. Mine was for an AMK engine.

Sorry i couldnt be of anymore help.

Nilz

JoeD likes this.
  5. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

AMK APY and other types have same sensor.

Buy it on ebay it is cheaper

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Member

Nice one fellas! Greatly appreciated!

7. aloakos

aloakos New Member VCDS Map User

Buy a HELLA (same as the original).
    I bought a FEBI and had to replace it twice. Only HELLA work.

OEM 1J0907660B
    HELLA 6PR008079041

JoeD likes this.
  8. JoeD

JoeD Member

Your a legend mate! Was just about to ask what brand of sensor or what's recommended, to avoid buying cheap Chinese ebay **** just to have it fail on me again withing 6 months. Ill have a browse on the bay now, are the hella sensors for sale on ebay?

9. JoeD

JoeD Member

Sorry to keep on, bur does anyone know if tps or gsf would stock this? i can only find sensors "to the spec of" the quoted hella/oem part number and they dont appear genuine.

10. aloakos

aloakos New Member VCDS Map User

JoeD likes this.
  11. lincoln_dj

lincoln_dj Active Member VCDS Map User

i'd try searching amazon... ;)

p.s check which hella part number you need by entering your current VAG part number here....

http://mkdb.hella.com/web/public/$configId/hella/$language/en/$country/GB/$result/1379859360989/$showResult/0/expertSearch.xhtml