Oil level on mmi

Archies

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Got a bit of a problem, i have the oil level on the mmi. It is Saying "There is currently no oil information at this time" I have left the car for a while then tried it again but its still the same.
Anyone else had this ??

Mine does this but read the manual and it tells you the oil has to be up to temp and car run about the road then stopped and turned off for two minutes
I usually go into the house after work
Have a **** and when I go back out the mmi is reading ok
It also says that if you open the bonnet up and then close and go into the car the level reads on the dash display for a second or two
I've tried the open and shut bonnet trick and it does work but only if oil temp is ok

Reactions: xpoweruk, IRONy_MAN and Archies
Mine does this but read the manual and it tells you the oil has to be up to temp and car run about the road then stopped and turned off for two minutes
I usually go into the house after work
Have a **** and when I go back out the mmi is reading ok
It also says that if you open the bonnet up and then close and go into the car the level reads on the dash display for a second or two
I've tried the open and shut bonnet trick and it does work but only if oil temp is ok

Are you not supposed to do "that" at work?

What dipstick you got Ryan?

I know theres 2 lengths for some of us whose dipstick is below the engine cover (needs removing to access). I believe its about 75mm shorter from posts. Ive looked for a OEM part number and havent managed to find one.

Mines a CGLC engine code.

Didn't realise there are 2 different ones. Mine is part # 06E115611H

A0DBF141-1515-430F-AA3D-CE4591ADD2C4.jpg

See mine needs to engine cover removed to access the dipstick. Guess your cover has the provision for the dipstick in it.