1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil leaking?!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Steffgj, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Steffgj

Steffgj Member

[Feb 19, 2013]
    So just changed my air filter and had a look at my EGR assembly for when I take it apart to clean... And there appears to be oil all over the intake manifold and EGR... Which I'm guessing is a bad thing!

attached a couple of pics...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Steffgj

Steffgj Member

[Feb 19, 2013]
    So my ipad refused to upload pics... will do when I get home!
  4. Steffgj

Steffgj Member

5. scottshere

scottshere Member

[Feb 19, 2013]
    Mine is similar to that and i smell oil burning most of the time, guessing its dripping on the exhaust
    I'm looking at taking the EGR off and giving it a good clean (when i get the chance), but i am also worried as mine has had the EGR blanked off for well over 6mths and i thought this is the reason you get the oil build up... Maybe im wrong
  6. Steffgj

Steffgj Member

[Feb 19, 2013]
    When I was changing the fuel filter the other side of the block there was oil everywhere! I'm thinking the EGR/intake manifold gaskets are shot and I must have a boost leak somewhere... quite often hear a whooshing noise when accelerating so that would explain that!