1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil leak

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Alan H, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Alan H

Alan H Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......

Hi all,

I have a small oil leak coming what looks to be around the back of the oil filter, could this be the gasket on the oil filter housing causing it?

Ta,

Alan
  2. Alan H

Does anyone know which gaskets to order to cure this problem?

Thanks,

Alan
  3. stu_m

stu_m Active Member

bit hard to say from the vague description

pics would be good
  4. Alan H

The oil leak is definitely coming from the underneath of the oil filter / housing . The filter is tight. I dont think putting a picture up would help much because looking at the oil filter from above you just see the filter. The only evidence of the leak is seeing oil down the side of the engine underneath the filter. There are no external signs of damage, no oil seeping out from on top of the filter, nor can i see any on the oil cooler above it at its split line, so I can only assume an internal gasket or "o" ring has given up. I'm really trying to as retain which one of these internal seals (for want of a better word) has or may have given up the ghost, and order the parts from the stealers accordingly.

Thanks,

Alan
  5. Audi Doodah

Audi Doodah Active Member

Have a look on vagcat.com

It's not guaranteed to be 100% accurate but should give you some ideas
  6. moggs

moggs Member

I have a small leak from the same place but haven't had chance to look into it. I just assumed it was the filter a bit loose. It has only appeared since I changed it.