Oil leak

Alan H

Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a small oil leak coming what looks to be around the back of the oil filter, could this be the gasket on the oil filter housing causing it?

Ta,

Alan

bit hard to say from the vague description

pics would be good

The oil leak is definitely coming from the underneath of the oil filter / housing . The filter is tight. I dont think putting a picture up would help much because looking at the oil filter from above you just see the filter. The only evidence of the leak is seeing oil down the side of the engine underneath the filter. There are no external signs of damage, no oil seeping out from on top of the filter, nor can i see any on the oil cooler above it at its split line, so I can only assume an internal gasket or "o" ring has given up. I'm really trying to as retain which one of these internal seals (for want of a better word) has or may have given up the ghost, and order the parts from the stealers accordingly.

Thanks,

Alan

I have a small leak from the same place but haven't had chance to look into it. I just assumed it was the filter a bit loose. It has only appeared since I changed it.