1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil leak help

hitman1978 Mar 30, 2013

1. hitman1978

hitman1978 Member

Hi, today I changed a load of stuff on the car, injector seals, intake manifold gasket, dipstick tube,oil cooler breather elbow and flushed the coolant. Thought I'd finally found my oil leak when I changed the breather elbow which was in bits but when I came to put the bellypan back on noticed oil allover the front end of the engine, anyone any ideas as to what could be causing this leak?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Daniel-cook

Daniel-cook New Member

Rocker cover gasket! I haven't had my car long. But have come across most of the common faults already. Was told not to bother with after market one and went straight to TPS. Was only £12. Then put a dab of trv sealer in corners.

3. hitman1978

hitman1978 Member

Forgot to menton, did the rocker gasket about a month ago,

4. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Have you tried cleaning the front of the engine to see where its coming from?

5. hitman1978

hitman1978 Member

Yesterday decided to try and clean the engine up a bit, seems to be coming from the turbo side of the block, no leaks from turbo feeds but its caked wot looks like a pump with a corrugated breather hose directly below the turbo. Can't see whereabouts its coming from tho :(

6. hitman1978

hitman1978 Member

Yesterday decided to try and clean the engine up a bit, seems to be coming from the turbo side of the block, no leaks from turbo feeds but its caked wot looks like a pump with a corrugated breather hose directly below the turbo. Can't see whereabouts its coming from tho :(