1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil leak from turbo pipe

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by john24susan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. john24susan

john24susan Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Hi All, I own a Audi A3 sportsback 2005 TDI 140 bhp with 50,000 miles on the clock and have found droplets of oil on my runway . I have had the car on the ramps and removed the bottom cover and it seem to be coming out of the hose going into the cooler. I removed the pipe and have a small amout of oil from the pipe. I also removed hose from the other side of the cooler and notice a small drop of oil as well . I have run the car for 2weeks and the oil leak from the outlet pipe has started to weep oil again !
    I wonder if anyone has the same problem ?
    Can the cooler be cleaned out in situ or must it be taken out to clean it and if so what with ie cleaning fluid.
    Many thanks John.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

Aug 29, 2007
  4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

This is common and ok as long as it is not gushing!

My car does this and seems fine - just keep up to date with the oil changes/top ups!

Is it on the passenger side, just where the pipe goes into the intercooler and there is lots of oil goop on the undertray??

I just cleaned mine off with "gunk" degreaser - you can get this from halfrauds!
  5. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Feb 26, 2007
    I had a similar leak sorted out under warranty.

Not entirely sure what they replaced but the issue was with the joints.