1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil leak from turbo pipe

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by john24susan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. john24susan

john24susan Member

Hi All, I own a Audi A3 sportsback 2005 TDI 140 bhp with 50,000 miles on the clock and have found droplets of oil on my runway . I have had the car on the ramps and removed the bottom cover and it seem to be coming out of the hose going into the cooler. I removed the pipe and have a small amout of oil from the pipe. I also removed hose from the other side of the cooler and notice a small drop of oil as well . I have run the car for 2weeks and the oil leak from the outlet pipe has started to weep oil again !
    I wonder if anyone has the same problem ?
    Can the cooler be cleaned out in situ or must it be taken out to clean it and if so what with ie cleaning fluid.
    Many thanks John.
    :think:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

wish I had a runway! :respekt:

4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

This is common and ok as long as it is not gushing!

My car does this and seems fine - just keep up to date with the oil changes/top ups!

Is it on the passenger side, just where the pipe goes into the intercooler and there is lots of oil goop on the undertray??

I just cleaned mine off with "gunk" degreaser - you can get this from halfrauds!

5. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member
    VCDS Map User

I had a similar leak sorted out under warranty.

Not entirely sure what they replaced but the issue was with the joints.

Paul