Oil leak from turbo inter cooler

john24susan

Reaction score
Hi all, I wonder if you can help me. I Own a 2005 audi A3 sportsback 2l TDI 140 bhp. My problem is that I have an oil leak at the conections to the cooler inlet and outlet hoses . I have changed the seals 2 weeks ago but it is started to leak again .Does anyone know if it is possible to clean out the cooler of the thick black stuff. The car has covered 61,000 miles and runs fine, I have also noticed that the EGR valve has a slight black oil leak from the diaphram or motor weep hole, this valve was changed around 50,000 miles by the dealer under warranty so I know that this valve is ok.
I wonder if anyone it having the same problem and has come up with a solution .
Any coments would be helpfull.
John.:blackrs4:

What seals did you use (original from dealer or some replacements) ? For cleaning IC you have to remove it and rinse with warm water with plenty of detergent.

What amount of oil you have in the system (intake ducts) as if there is too much it means you have problem.

HI Etronic, Thanks for your reply to my problem. I have used original seals from Audi and the amount of oil in the intake ducts is not excessive but enough to leak out of the seals in in a few weeks.
I will remove the cooler unit and clean it out with detergent and see what happenes when the system is all clean.
Many Thanks john.