1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Filter

Wozski Feb 26, 2014

1. Wozski

Wozski Member

Just done an oil change and the oil filter only had one O ring - that fits inside the cap - am i missing anything else or is that normal??
    Also spent the past hour struggling to get the under tray back in and failed, any tips please - i did it fine on my A3 but this doesnt want to play ball!!

2. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

Petrol or diesel.I can't be 100% but am pretty sure there is only one o ring inside the cap.....but maybe someone can back me up. As for the undertray......you are not alone.....it can be a complete mind f@ck sometimes.....Is it an oem or a copy tray you have got.....the copy trays can be fiddly....am sure there is how to sticky somewhere. Link to another forum on a 2.0t 2.0T oil change how to plus ECS Tuning snub install and review. - AudiWorld Forums

BR
    A

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  3. Wozski

Wozski Member

Thanks for the reply its diesel
    My tray is oem but time was catching up with me - i will have another go tomorrow
    cheers

4. Wozski

Wozski Member

anyone ?

5. yendall24

yendall24 Member

you should have another small O ring that goes at the bottom of the black plastic shaft that goes through the filter cartridge