Oil filter 1.8T

griswold

Reaction score
In process of changing oil and filter normally have this done at audi which is probably why i cant get it off!
My friend works at audi so he got me the filter its different to the normal one its bigger
he said it will hold more oil and help with oil pressure same fitment just bigger filter
part number on box 068 115 561B just in case some of you wanted to try it

I fitted my last filter, and for some reason I must have used way to much force putting the new one on, as could not get the dam thing off. Ended up hammering a 1/4 drive extension through the filter to get it off.

I've always used the larger filter, as I was told to use this one by the dealer. They said if most of your driving is in and around town then use the smaller filter, and mainly motorway driving use the larger filter. Not sure there is any truth in what they said but my engine has got 230K on the clock and still runs fine.

I ended up leaking oil from behind oil cooler so removed cooler and got new seal fitted and now ok

Last edited:
wtf? its a filter....

The larger filter used on the transporter and some other deisel engines has identical specifications, its just bigger.

I'm not really sure i see the point of changing it myself, i'd rather use the normal one and change the oil every 5k, but if your leaving the oil in for longer, the bigger filter is certainly not going to be a bad thing.

Not using it for a longer life will still change oil about 5k
It was reccomended by Audi so good enough for me

Same here, I cannot see how extra oil in a filter could do any damage. I've been running them for over 100,000 miles and never had a problem. when you say the engine is calculated on an oil level, there must be almost a 1Lt of oil between max & min. so if you have the oil at the mid point on the dip stick, and you are running the larger filter which is running say an extra 300-400ml of oil more then what is the difference?