Oil comsuption on S3

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am just so pleased with my motor now.

The car has done 15k miles since April last year and has only consumed 0.5L of oil... I have trashed it done inter european trips, city driving, motorway... So I am quite please with it.

Service is not due yet, only in 2000 miles. And only now I am changing front tires... Rear tires almost need changing as well but will do it in two months.

Quite pleased with the all round maintenance/service of the S3... A good every condition car...

Pedro

I know I have only used 0.5L of oil because after topping up today I still have half a bottle of the supplied Castrol.... Car never had any oil change or anything from new an is on Long Life service...

According to DIS service is only due in 2200 miles... car has 14940 miles now.

Really pleased with it has a perfomance oriented product the service is no dearer than a more mainstream car... The likes of a Scooby or a EVO are a lot more dearer service wise....

So far Audi has done what has promised with the S3 I guess... so after a bit bored with the driving of it I got the point of the S3 and am really happy...

I was expecting tires to wear quicker than these ones... I am changing to Michelin Pilot Sport 2 let's see how long they will last...

Pedro

You have done well out of the tyres Pedro my fronts lasted about 10k, oil wise early cars had 00w30 in, audi then discovered this was bypassing the pistons, therefore using a little oil, like mine. They now put 05w30 in after 1st service, and I believe on new cars, my car now uses no oil after it's service.

Mark

Hi Mark... did you go for which tire? How many miles you have on them now?
Also my is a 07 plate... is yours earlier?

Pedro

Hi Mark... did you go for which tire? How many miles you have on them now?
Also my is a 07 plate... is yours earlier?

Pedro

Hi Pedro, went for the Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetrical, great tyre, done about 2-2.5k on them and all seems well.

My car is a 07 but on a 56 plate.

Cheers for the advice by the way when I was in Porto,managed to avoid all the blockades etc.

Mark

No worries about the advice... I am going for the Michelin... hope they are grippier than Contis and last as long....

Pedro

Ive only got 2200 miles on mine and checked the dipstick this morning and it was half down. Added 300ml already.

Ive only got 2200 miles on mine and checked the dipstick this morning and it was half down. Added 300ml already.

Really? Either you are trashing it everywhere or not really waiting for the car to warm up before going for the big bang!

It is within normal consumption but still compared to mine is a lot!!...

I managed 0.5L in almost 15k miles!!!!!

Pedro

urm yeah... perhaps the thrashing it everywhere as I always wait for it to warm up....

done majority are short trips tho ...

Short trips might be the answer...

Mine does long trips usually never less than 40 miles... an in two occasions it has done 19 hours straight of driving!!! with some stops but nothing more than 15 min each!!!

Great car!

Pedro