Oil changes....

Drizz

Project Plush
Reaction score
Is the Oil filter and sump plug easily accessible on an A4 V6 TDi?
What oil goes in them and how much?
Cheers

Gotta take the engine pan off to get to the sump drain plug,engine cover off to get to the oil filter which is of the paper type under a plastic cover with a large plastic nut in the "V"

Takes approx 4.6l with oil filter change (fully synthetic 5w 40) wait a while whilst filling, briefly start engine to fill filter,stop wait for oil to drop back into sump and keep checking the level!!!

I right pain but it's VERY easy to overfill which can be blown out of the engine and knack yeh cat!!!!

its pretty easy, i can do the whole thing in 30 mins. Drizz, just after i met you the other week i got home and then went to go out again and one of the belts snapped, it caused havoc and broke lots of things in the process. only just finnished fixing it. note, change your belts, (this one went after 40k)

Jason said:
Gotta take the engine pan off to get to the sump drain plug,engine cover off to get to the oil filter which is of the paper type under a plastic cover with a large plastic nut in the "V"

Takes approx 4.6l with oil filter change (fully synthetic 5w 40) wait a while whilst filling, briefly start engine to fill filter,stop wait for oil to drop back into sump and keep checking the level!!!

I right pain but it's VERY easy to overfill which can be blown out of the engine and knack yeh cat!!!!

some take 3.6l , its best to start with just over 3l and check the dip stick

Cheers guys i might attempt this next week me thinks...
Anyone recommend a particular oil?

stuff i got at the moment is vauxhalls own brand stuff as i had a trade account there. Dont know who makes it though.