1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil change time...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 Paul, Sep 29, 2010.

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep

Well ive done about 6k on my oil so im due a change,
    The car now ( after paint work ) will only get minimal blasts. But i do get stuck in trafic for about half hour a day.
    Ive got Selenia racing 10/60w in at the moment and it seems to have been fine ( i was advised to try it by a tuner who runs a turbo'd car quite hard ) But its away from the standard grade. he just said it will want changing every 6k . Firstly do people use engine flush or just drop the old and pop in the new?
    The engine has only done 15k in total so i wouldnt imagine there would be much to flush??

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

i always flush mine...

4. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

your s3 has only done 15k?!?!

i've flushed mine about 3 times since april. firstly, because when i bought it i did it and an oil change for piece of mind.
    then i had a low oil pressure light so i flushed it again.
    then i flushed it at the next oil change.

so i would say yeh, why not, its not expensive, and you know your cleaning it out.
    there can be a fair bit of burnt oil stuck all over the show, could potentially cause problems.
    i know when i removed my sump and pick up pipe, it was covered in it, hence the second flush i did.

all in all, better safe than sorry.

5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

the only downside of flushing is on old engines, that could dislodge years of deposits potentially blocking oilways, but on 15k make it a habit imo....