Facelift Oil change for a lease?

Masslob

Reaction score
So my leased S3 is warning me its due for an oil change, if its leased do i have to get it done with audi or any mechanic will do?

Thanks in advance! :)

You’re not required to use Audi for maintenance in the US. Elsewhere, dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lease agreements tend to have specifics written into their terms and conditions.
My current Skoda lease for our Octavia vrs says it must've serviced by a Skoda authorised dealer.

Checks your contract.

Reactions: deanshaw24
Lease says

"must keep the Vehicle in good repair and condition and have it serviced, maintained and repaired in accordance with the
manufacturer's recommendations and any manufacturer warranty (including any requirement to have a interim running-in
service).

You must have the Vehicle serviced and repaired by one of the Vehicle manufacturer's franchised dealers or
authorised repairers or, if repair work is covered by your Vehicle insurance, by a repairer authorised by your insurer.

You must
keep a full service and repair history, which you must supply to us if we ask you."

So if the mechanic i got it serviced at is an authorised repairer then im ok, otherwise i have to get it done at one that is or audi themselves?

Lease says

"You must have the Vehicle serviced and repaired by one of the Vehicle manufacturer's franchised dealers or
authorised repairers or, if repair work is covered by your Vehicle insurance, by a repairer authorised by your insurer.
"

So if the mechanic i got it serviced at is an authorised repairer then im ok, otherwise i have to get it done at one that is or audi themselves?

The wording in the lease is a bit ambiguous but I would interpret that as:
Servicing = Manufacturer's Franchised Dealer
Repairs = Repairer authorised by the manufacturer.

Looking at it from a different angle what would be your view if you were a third party buying that car in two years time. Would you take more comfort that it had been serviced by Audi ABC (Main Dealer) than, say, ABC Car Repairs Ltd (who happen to be approved by Audi to carry out repairs)? That's the way the lease company would look at it and how it may impact on the residual value (and whether they might seek to penalise you).

Probably not the reply you were hoping for but others may disagree.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll have to get it done at Audi then even after the local mechanic already changed the oil and checked everything. Hopefully they'll only charge me labour....