1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil catch tank installation

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by audi-a6, Aug 28, 2013.

1. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Aug 28, 2013]
    Im thinking of doing this on my a6 2.7t, to install, does it basically go between the nipple in the "y" pipe and the "spider hose"? as if so, i was going to make a complete new spider hose using braided hose, which would then plum into one pipe on the catch tank, then the other pipe on tank would then just go to the "y" pipe. Is that correct?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Sep 1, 2013]
    bump :)
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 2, 2013]
    Before you start hacking up the spider hose, you need to understand exactly what it does. Some of its straight forwards, but theres also various check valves and other connections from Evap, N75 and other important components.
  5. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Sep 2, 2013]
    yeah, i guessed that when i started to look at it lol but my plan was literally to replace all the pipes, leaving all the connectors ect... but just wanted to make sure that the spider pipe goes into the tank and then a pipe comes back out of the tank into the inlet (y) pipe.... also, would i just use a sealed tank or a breather tank?