oil catch can conversion

bradster

Reaction score
hi all got 2002 a4 1.9tdi awx engine with 176000:scared2: miles on clock. iam going to fit [oil catch can] but dont know which way to go. Do i take pipe from crankcase vent to [oil catch can only] with filter on top or pipe for crankcase to catch can then pipe from catch can to intake pipe with no filter:think:.
hope some one can help thanks
bradster

ok this is new to me so need to ask what is a oil catch can is it does as it says on the tin ? sorry to ask this on your thread mate just not heard of it befor

not a problem simon2004 oil gets in to inter cooler pipes from crankcase vent or turbo seal mines from crankcase vent.so im fitting oil catch can apparently its better for the engine not to burn oil.

it all depends on which way you want to do it,

for example on my old turbo almera (petrol) (engine transplant) i fitted one from the cam cover to a catch tank then the pipe from the catch tank, down the back of the engine bay, reason why, with just a little filter on there you could smell the fumes

i'd personaly take the pipe that goes from the crank case, put that into a catch tank, then the pipe out of it back into the inlet, or, from the crank, into a catch tank, then pipe out to air (with little filter) and block of the pipe on the intake side

has any one got a pic of what they look like on the car seems a good idea

Thanks scott b

Reason i asked was if CCV needed the vacume from intake pipe

I think ill run pipe down bulkhead under car from catch can did you say you put small filter end of pipe because i was thinking keep it open in case gets blocked.
thanks bradster

This is on a BMW, but you get the idea...

img2844e.jpg