1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil bubbling in sump!!!wtf

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by seany26, May 21, 2013.

1. seany26

seany26 Member

[May 21, 2013]
    Ok here is one to pick everyone's brain, just done a pressure test from my TIP(with breather blocked off) to test for boost leaks and split vac pipes and only thing that I could hear is oil bubbling in the sump. Immediately I thought that the head had blown between a cylinder and oil port but as I write this I'm thinking it is most likely coming from the oil return pipe in the turbo ie through the turbo seals! Might be a no brainer but like to know what every one else thinks anyway. Don't see really how air could get back down through the block and bubble in the oil with non-return valves in place.

Thanks, any comments welcome.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[May 22, 2013]
    Is it a 1.8T?

If so I think the oil pick up could be blocked
  4. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 22, 2013]
    How much pressure was used? When I was investigating boost leaks it was advised any more than 5psi could damage seals. Smoke testing draws a 1psi vaccuum iirc. If you think you have a leak would recomend smoke testing, as it picked up my leaks immediatly.