Oil breather hose AMK S3

g60leigh

Reaction score
Please can anyone tell me the correct name and if possible the part number for the breather hose that comes from the rocker cover and splits in a Y
It's the really odd shaped one that connects to the black breather filter

Sorry For the bad picture.

Also does anyone know if it is the same path used on other engines

Mine has gone very soft and starting to collapse

Thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344840280.038944.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344840280.038944.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 541
Part number will be on the hose mate...

Its a PCV pipe... ETKA will name it something odd no doubt as that seems to be the way but calling a dealer with your chassis number will enable them to find it...

<tuffty/>

Took mine off a few days ago - will have a look and let you know. From what I found bank on replacing the majority of the PCV system hoses if you have not already once you start

Hi

Should the pipe be replaced if it's only soft and squidgy? I can't find any holes in it!

Also the "puck" or as ETKA calls it "Pressure Regulating Valve" ... is there any benefit to just replacing it - it's been on there 11 years now?

Thanks, Liam

As Gazz says - check the stickies for Simplify the PCV system.

look like copies of forge one so yea probably.. (CM copy other folks products)

Oh no! are these the 'lovely people' that are trying to imitate your TIP? (I will buy one at some point in the future from you)

if this hse has a hole and is squishy will it change the cars performance in any way?

Potentially act as an air leak allowing umetered air into the system... generally not enough to give a massive performance deficit...

<tuffty/>

what exactly would be best to do then? find someone with this vag com and see whats what?

mines got a gaping hole in it, fuel trims are within spec; <2% anyway. I do plan to fix it one day

Just had a vacuum pipe on mine split at the non-return valve and performace wasn't that hindered (so I thought) but once repaired it didn't half feel better!

I'm getting a feeling mine is going to start giving me some right grief in the wallet now, all manner of things seems to be starting to fail lol