1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil around DV??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dgannon69, Feb 27, 2006.

1. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

[Feb 27, 2006]
    just replaced my standart DV valve with an Amd one after finally finding 10 minutes of spare light after work!

Anyway once i'd got the pipes loosened off on the old one i pulled the DV valve of to notice some oil surrounding the bits that connect to the pipes... should there be any oil around here? i thought it was just all air... :-/

Dave
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

[Feb 27, 2006]
    bump anyone........?????

Dave
  4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Feb 27, 2006]
    Think it's normal chap... wouldn't worry, just think where the air is coming from - the turbo etc.

There was a little in my AmD jobbie when I took it off the car to rule it out.
  5. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

[Feb 27, 2006]
    Yes it's normal... I remember having the same alarm bells when I replaced mine for the first time. Don't worry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's caused by the crankcase breather being vented back into the intake where obviously the DV sits... it just collects around certain parts and since the turbo sucks air in, it will get in the DV. Imagine the mess in a Big Turbo setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Will be installing a catch can in mine when the BT goes in to keep things cleaner...

Cheers

T
  6. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

[Feb 28, 2006]
    ok thanks guys. puts my mind at rest!

Dave