ohhhhh im so excited

new dump valve fitted not much difference no psi increase!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe have to treat her to a new acuator rod.................or dare i say NEW turbo. is there any turbo taht would fit directly on with out any other mods?? and does a new s/steel exhaust manifold make much difference?

what manifolds are you looking at, only s/steel ones i have seen were on ebay and they crack.

What Macca said above they do crack only the cast ones are really any good.

There are loads of turbo kits that fit straight on just use google or search on here.

New actuator rod replace the hole thing forge do one other than that buy a second hand original one for about £60+ as you can't buy them from audi you have to get a new turbo.

Im betting your wastegate is fcked !!

i was looking at the stainless steel ones yes glad you warned me. any tip on where a good one is and what sort of increase would you expect? Also is the wastegate is that the n75 valve??

and a update fitted a different spring to the dump valve made a big differnce 1st and 2nd still hold at about 10psi but for longer but my god 3rd and 4th are totally different!!!!! well worth the dosh. just need brakes, window tints and paint sorting.......oh and my alloys refurbed

Dude, are you sure your car's not running right?

Tampering with boost settings, if you're not sure what you're doing isn't recommended. Last thing you want is melt down. Boost will always be controlled by the ECU, to a certain extent. You push things too far, outside spec of electronic control, you'll have problems.

Either get a health check, at the likes of MRC, or other reputable tuner. Boost isn't everything, all cars are different, which is why I'm not a fan of generic chips. In some cars, 13psi can make less power than 10, if the other factors in the set-up don't like the extra 4psi...

EH?? im not altering boost setting? it was a proper remap and new forge dump valve

Replacing the wastegate actuator CAN alter boost settings.

A proper remap is one done on your own car, specifically.

i cant see how replacing the dump valve spring would have any effect on performance whatsoever?

you could remove the DV completely and the car should still drive the same, your just risking possible damage to the turbine shaft with compressor stall.

Had you said you added a spring to the actuator then i could understand it making a difference but as siena said thats not really ideal unless your very sure of what your doing as it will affect how the ECU manages the boost

dump valve spring needs matching to the boost you are producing, weak spring may cause the dump valve to leak at peak boost, too strong a spring will possibly preventing it from opening fully/efficiently.

this is what i understand anyway.

As long as it "dumps" when you lift off to prevent turbine stalling then it wont do ant harm i suppose. Out of interest what colour spring you fitted?

i also suppose its possible you tighten something up during the spring swap that was previously loose

GREEN ONE it was the yellow one but that caused problems it was too tight. green was softer. made big difference

oh trust me iam going to enjoy. It has made a lovley woosh noise from dump valve not too loud though it hold at 12psi in 3rd,4th,5th and only drops and hold at 10psi. lets put it this way dont how but i managed to pull away from some guy in 2005 a4 2L FSI who couldnt stop smelling the **** off my car he was bit annoyed i had the faster car. hahahaa thats why you shouldnt TAILGATE!!! Can i also jsut say that FORGE mtor sport are highly recomended i spoke to lad there he was really helpfull, gave good advice and even sent me some free forge window decals!! the replacement spring was free too. Thanks for everones help on here!!!