Well I suppose it had to happen some when, I have been struck down with the dreaded immobilser problem. Went to use the car just before xmas, I hadnt used the car for probably 10 days and the battery didnt have enough charge to turn the car over. So I put the battery on charge (whilst still connected to the car). Anyhow left on charge for an hour came back and car started first time. However, after filling up with petrol the car wouldnt start again. It would run for like 3 seconds and then cut out with the immobilser light on the dash flashing. Only way I could get it to start was to disconnect the earth on the battery and then reconnect and restart the engine. I managed to home but if I wanted to use the car I would have do the same routine of disconnecting the battery. I decided to give the battery a full charge overnight (battery still connected to car). The next morning the car wouldnt start at all whatever I tried. Do you think that charging the battery whilst it was connected to the car has somehow blown the immobilser? Has anyone else experienced problems whilst charging the battery on the car? I have phoned lots of well known Audi specialists and all have said I will need to take the car to the main dealers to get this sorted out. God knows how much this will cost and they cant even get the car booked in until 11th January. What I am going to try is to swop out my ECU and replace it with a spare I bought ages ago off of Ebay (non-chipped though). I have ordered the VAG-COM USB interface as I know you have to reprogram the immobilser after an ECU change. Hopefully this might cure the problem. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Is it possible to disable the immobilser altogether and go for a 3rd party one? This is really doing my head in as I know that mechanically the car is fine its just some blooding annoying electronics stopping it from running. Just think what is going to happen to more recent cars when they get to 10 years old with electronics managing everything!!!