Oh Joy

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
I appear to have developed the infamous 'ball in a bottle' suspension noise. Primarily when pulling away from speed ramps. Emptied my car & boot to make sure it was nothing I was carrying but it defo appears to be a structural noise.

I didn't think this was supposed to happen on fwd SLInes?

When you book it in mate, tell them its a very common fault and see what they say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Make sure you take the tech outside to hear the noise, otherwise you get " no fault found sir" My 2.0T S-line quattro has just started making the rear shock noise.................like the 2.0FSI before it.

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you take the tech outside to hear the noise, otherwise you get " no fault found sir" My 2.0T S-line quattro has just started making the rear shock noise.................like the 2.0FSI before it.

[/ QUOTE ]
not suspension noise (yet), but I got the "no fault found" response for the third time recently when hearing "clunking" noise from passenger footwell.
Collected the car up from dealers after 2nd service with that answer, switched car on and hear the ****** noise there immediately!! Marched back inside and dragged head-tech out, to which he finally HEARD for himself and confirmed suspect climate vent/flap motor.
Decided to live with it for now, such is my confidence in service technician's ability to NOT introduce more squeaks and rattle in my dash & trim than it already has...

oh no!! Mine does that noise too, after ripping everything out of the glovebox looknig for that noise, i noticed it was making it even when the car wasnt moving. Turned off the A/C and it stopped. Thanks for this now I know what to say to them though!

Apparently it was a common issue on A4's but rare on A3's.
And they say that with a straight face!! tawts!!!