1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh dear she has developed a bulge

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Geraldy212, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

Not the wife to be sure, but my beloved A3. In the soft rubber seal around the door (not on the door itself but on the bodywork surround). Have tried to post a photo (jpg) but have failed so far. I did place the photo in my album, but how to get it into a new thread???? Have not tried a photo insert before.....sorry.
    Anway, have looked at the soft rubber molding and it all looks OK, no tears or places where it has become detatched from the surround. Has anyone suffered from this kind of problem?
  2. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

3. Geraldy212

Thanks 187, I will try to post a link to the photo. This is what the buge looks like, in my case just at the top of the driver's
    door....
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Anyone have a clue what has caused this? I cannot see how to push the soft rubber back into place. Has anyone had to replace
    this door-sealing strip, and how difficult is it?
    Thanks.
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

TBH looks like the seal has just come of the metal strip of the door area, you need to push it back over the strip based on what I can see, you could try pulling the seal of & checking underneath to make sure nothings out of place, before attempting to reseat properly.
  5. Geraldy212

Thanks NHN. Just had another go with a blunt spatula (so as not to damage the soft rubber) and I cannot for the life of me see where it may have come free. It almost looks like it has changed shape....??? Certainly it won't push back and look normal again. Really odd. All ideas welcomed