Oh baby...

Gazwould

Reaction score
1893a1f2b2fde5a14ec090fc002452da.jpg

43c0028b91e4e9631df29df6a20a8294.jpg

c2a247d415d055c9644a55c306da65e4.jpg

Reactions: Wifeb4Life, Snake Pliskin, Scottyg and 3 others
Love the colour, I love the car but will hate the price..

Stunning looking car, love the colour. Who is buying me this for my birthday next week? Lol. :)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Brasso and Gazwould
Stunning looking car, love the colour. Who is buying me this for my birthday next week? Lol. :)

Another year to be added on, Sandra; surely not... :whistle2:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Amazing car !!!!!

I've got an A7 3.0 litre tdi Quattro as a loaner at the moment and must say I love it :yes:

It's an an amazing car ... looks so purposeful & rides staggeringly well on 21" rims & just oozes class.

I would love an S7 & an RS7 would be incredible .... just too big for me day to day and my garage lol :)

So impressed by the A7 though ... I really would love a drive in an RS7 now :sunglasses:

Single or bitdi ?

Shame about the size , anything bigger than a A4 gives issues .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 45bvtc
Amazing car !!!!!

I've got an A7 3.0 litre tdi Quattro as a loaner at the moment and must say I love it :yes:

It's an an amazing car ... looks so purposeful & rides staggeringly well on 21" rims & just oozes class.

I would love an S7 & an RS7 would be incredible .... just too big for me day to day and my garage lol :)

So impressed by the A7 though ... I really would love a drive in an RS7 now :sunglasses:

I had a similar A7 3.0 TDi quattro on Wednesday and Thursday last Snake and couldn't wait to hand it back.

Ok, the ride on 21" rims around our pot-holed and speed-hump roads was way better than our A1, TT, or RS3; and the car sure did go, with an impressive 35mpg, but with no sign of urgency - even in 'sport', ok, the speedometer did say otherwise; but it just felt like a 'bloater' to me.

Now the RS7; I've been raving about that machine for a long time but in truth it's all about its engine. I've tried 'em a couple of times now, and love 'em, but still keep coming back to the RS3, my RS3.

Upload 2017 3 5 9 16 49

Not sure if it's single or bi- turbo tbh but it's got some oooomph :)

Not stick you in your seat like the RS3 but plenty quick for such s big car. I do feel some initial lag when you hit the accelerator pedal but once it kicks in it does then take off.

On the motorway & wafting along b-roads is very enjoyable though & the interior feels very luxurious & has some great design cues on the dash re styling. Lovely seats & you could imagine covering 100's if miles in this thing with ease.

Yes it's a completely different car to the RS3 but for what it is I love it. I could see myself owning an S7 one day if I had the garage to take one, but I don't so likely I will never own one but I'm glad I have got to drive a 'rapid' well specced A7 & it lived up to expectations.

I can say the double over the single turbo makes a massive difference with rapid urgency in the diesel, yes they are two big turbos so there's some lag but they take no longer to spool than an auto box takes to think how many gears it wants to drop and engage when you floor it, then it's pinned to your seat pull which lasts right too the red line (5500 rpmto the redline is pretty impressive for a diesel). The lag is less than my old 1.6 turbo diesel (which redlined at 4200rpm) and I never thought that ever felt long or an issue.

Did a 500 mile round trip in it and it's so comfortable and relaxing (even after b-road fun with a Civic Type-R) that I could have done another 500 no problem. Everything is so easy in this car and did it all on one tank, just haha

Also I haven't found it's size a problem yet which was mine and my wifes biggest worry, it maneuvers well and feels smaller when driving it.

Wouldn't mind that RS7 in that colour like, maybe in the future I could trade up to a third hand one :p

Last edited by a moderator:
After a little bit of research it looks like the car I have is the single turbo @ 272 ps ... so yes I can imagine the bi-turbo @ 320 ps will be an accelerating monster :whip::yes:

Totally agree they are easy cars to drive and handle really well considering their huge proportions.

For long distance driving an A7 would be amazing.

I'm really impressed by these cars - they look mean & menacing, have a real luxury premium feel & as you say are like any other car day to day to drive ... with a bit more length & width :)

Oh it has the matrix lights too with dynamic front & rear indicators which are so so :sunglasses:

Snake definetly give one a try if you get a chance you'll be plesently suprised :) then buy one and stick a tuning box on and you'll enjoy 370bhp and upto 800nm and just want to drive it right around Europe. You dont even need to book hotels as the boot with seats down are as big as a double bed haha

Gaz is this actually your car by the way?

No , I've a VW carved out of sarsen stone and the reliability to match .

I've neither the brains , means or balls to buy anything north of £3.50 and consider anything bigger than a A4 Avant an encumbrance and couldn't afford the Dom Perignon everytime it was launched off the driveway .

Reactions: Sandra