Officially "snowed in" I guess

Scott

Reaction score
Had a quick look at trains and showed a few cancellations, so decided not to go into work today as more snow is forecast & I'd like to actually be able to get home at some point. I could drive but I imagine that will be chaos. So I guess I'm officially "snowed in" (it's not too bad, but would be interesting trying to park in the car park as it's quite steep to get in). Safer I stay in bed I think, good night all!

Im working from home today, and was told to come home early yesterday as well, so its all good.....well not really, as quite a few people are off today, but not all of them can work from home, so guess that means more work for me!!!

I'm working from home as well..am just waiting for them to bring a 26 ton vehicle around the house :whistle2:

I work at Daresbury Laboratory just outside Warrington, Cheshire which has been shut... Similar story to Scott as there is a massive hill to nogotiate before you get to the site which has caught a few people out this morning.

I just didnt risk it!

Warrington last night:

DSC_0050-Edit.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

I'm going to work, weapon of choice is my trusty 1995 Toyota Rav4, it's invincible! lol

I'm the only shop doing delivery service locally, and nobody knows! :(

On another note, some stupid **** decided to drive there 318i BMW down the bottom of our road, which is on a hill, did he have a chance of getting back up?, not a chance in hell, 4 neighbours plus me had to go out and push him up it.... I told him to pull off in 2nd gear and go easy on the power.... result, wheelspinning all the way up the hill, causing an ice rink for other potential 2WD cars to get stuck! I had no problems in my crappy Rav4 though haha.

Normally have a 60 mile drive to work (in Swindon) so decided that I'll be best to work from home today - 8" of snow here in Bicester (Oxfordshire).

I didn't work from home as I don't have my work laptop with me, oh no what a shame, lol.

Woke up to ~8" of snow this morning. Decided to leave the Motorbike at home, and fire up the Quattro. ~1.5miles of untreated/unploughed roads to get onto the A41/A34, and she defended her honour with great success, including some lovely intentional rear-end fun to get round mini-roundabout I have to double back at (Got an approving nod from a pedestrian!!) then trundled along the A roads to get into Oxford. One buttock clenching moment on Woodstock Road when an a**ehole in an X3 pulled out of a side road ~30yds ahead of me, so bang it into 1st for some 4 wheel engine braking and all is fine again... All told, took about 10mins longer than it would usually take if I drove in.

Not sure what most of the fuss was about, although I was at work by 0730 before most of the ******* tried their luck on the roads!!

On the way home had to laugh at a big Merc stuck on one of the minimal inclines in Bicester, with back wheels spinning furiously.

Cheers,

I worked at home too, although I find our Sportback quite good in the snow. For front wheel drive, the extra weight of the diesel gives it good traction, but I didn't want to risk sliding into something today so chickened out of my commute.

Wish I had got snowed in, but unfortunatly I had this that I could use for the commute

landy.jpg

it drove pretty much as normal as its never been quick, braking was the main concern but even in the wet with the mud tyres it locks up.

So had to find a new route home from work to find snow in the forest. No unnecessary journeys my ar$e!! and luckly for some guy in a saab I did as he had managed to slide off the road into a ditch halfway down a hill on a little lane. Had to winch him out in the end. he didn't seem that grateful either! the normal etiquette is some beer tokens for your troubles.. but nothing... :beee:Bastid

Sam

Decided to walk an hour to work yesterday, only to find that 6 out of 12 staff had actually turned in.

TBH the roads weren't that bad, all the main ones were pretty much clear (fair play to the council as we had about 6 inches overall) so I probably could have driven but the other plebs on the roads put me off somewhat. It's amazing how many people have no idea how to drive in snowy weather. Spent a few minutes watching some fool in a merc coupe polish up the entrance to a petrol station. Seems that the generally held idea is that if your wheels spin, the best way to correct it is to use more right foot...

Im now offically "not" snowed in after spending three hours yesterday chipping the ice and snow off my drive... Suprising how bad the tyres are on my black edition, driving down a slushy road was inducing poo to nearly come out!

Snow beast + Crap Tyres + Scaredy Cat Driver = Snow Fail

IMG_0604.jpg

Not snowed in for a while here. :(

Maybe because of the temperature...lol

was minus 15 outside forfar (Scotland) yesterday, thank got for my winter tyres :)

We've had a foot and a half in places, in West Sussex/Surrey boarders, been a nightmare!

Though my VW Transporter has munched through it - Thanks to the traction control...

Some pratts still persist in driving like pr*cks no matter what, on the A3 going home on Thursday, a guy in a Golf GTI comes past me in the outside lane full of snow and ice, at about 70+, the back kicks out and he smashes into the barrier...! C*ck