1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Audi iPhone Handsfree cradle

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by StagsyA4, Jan 4, 2010.

1. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

[Jan 4, 2010]
    Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted.

Not too sure if I should be posting here but I have an A4 B7 so...

Anyway, I have an iPhone 3GS and I want to change my existing (Official Audi) Bluetooth Handsfree cradle to the iPhone one.

Does anyone know if the 3GS will fit this cradle? It says that it works for the 3G but I'm not sure if there is any size difference etc between the two.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 1, 2014]

3. Good 2 B A Gooner

Good 2 B A Gooner Member

[Jan 5, 2010]
    They're the same size, just firmware and the screen that's different - I have a 3G and my mate has a 3GS.

Hope this helps!

Gary.
  4. IainP

IainP Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Is this a cradle to go in the armrest? If so, does anyone know where to get these and do they also charge the phone?I just use my phone via RNS-E bluetooth but being an iPhone the battery is sh*t so would be good to be able to slot it into a charging cradle.

Cheers....
  5. S-Line_Wales

S-Line_Wales Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Why not just buy a car charger from amazon or whatever...£3.95 inc postage..job done..
  6. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Thanks for the replies.

@ IainP - Yes this charges the phone and connects to the exterior aerial providing better phone signal. That's all it does, a pricey mod I know but in my case where the cradle is on the dash, I feel I have to do it because if I don't, I have this big thing just staring at me or alternatively if I remove it then I'm left with two dirty big holes on my dash.

I think they're £90 + VAT from the Stealers!!! :-s

Hope this helps.
  7. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

[Jan 6, 2010]
    Thanks for the replies.

@ IainP - Yes this charges the phone and connects to the exterior aerial providing better phone signal. That's all it does, a pricey mod I know but in my case where the cradle is on the dash, I feel I have to do it because if I don't, I have this big thing just staring at me or alternatively if I remove it then I'm left with two dirty big holes on my dash.

I think they're £90 + VAT from the Stealers!!! :-s

Hope this helps.