Offered Quantum Remap - Any thoughts/advice?

Smithymartyn

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just had car serviced (2006 Quattro 170pd Sline) and been offered a Quantum remap ( Quantum Remap - Petrol & Diesel Engine ECU Remapping & Chip Tuning) for around £250. Lion Garage Hinckley (reputable VAG idependent) have recommended and I am seriously considering, but a little apprehensive.

Generally drive car steady, but like to give it the beans now and again. Main concern is stress on other parts and potential fault codes etc. However, everyone seems to say remaps get the most out of the car and improve mpg.

The remap has a 30 day money back offer and they also retain the original stock map if any issues in the future. So , I guess all seems pretty legit.

Does anyone have any experience of Quantum remaps, or have any key questions I should be asking before making the leap?!!

Don't know nothing about remapping with quantum. But as long as you have the DPF in place you're not gonna get the most out of the remap. Its too restrictive on the exhaust system. I've read threads on here previously where people have only seen increases of 10-15bhp. If you're gonna do down the route of a remap id seriously consider a DPF removal too. If you don't thrash your car around then i wouldn't worry massively about stress on other components either

Mine prior to DPF removal ran 199.1bhp

OY57UTM.gif

I've run the car mapped for over 23,000 miles (now on 53,000) with no issues. I removed the DPF approx 3000 miles ago.

Its how the power is delivered as to whether or not you run into trouble. If you have a map which is very spikey then you'll put stress on the components. A nice, smooth map will retain the OEM delivery. Equally if you constantly load the car up in high gears and low speeds then that will create the biggest stresses.

Shark performance say their remaps will give 210hp with the dpf removal and map. I know its 10hp but its still 10hp more. I can't wait to get rid of my dpf its a pain! But you must be seeing a difference now you've had the DPF removed?

Shark performance say their remaps will give 210hp with the dpf removal and map. I know its 10hp but its still 10hp more. I can't wait to get rid of my dpf its a pain! But you must be seeing a difference now you've had the DPF removed?

That I am :)

rhysA3.jpg

Bit more yet to come. Currently running approx 1.55bar which is very conservative. It's a bit of a work in progress. New map will be going on this week........

Thanks guys. No issues with dpf at min (touch wood). May have to weigh up costs of removal too... Quantum reckon 200bhp with the smooth delivery.

Had a Quantum remap on my 8P2 S3..........binned it for a Shark Stage 1 and its night and day. The Quantum didnt feel that much more powerful compared to stock and it didnt drive any smoother. Now I was very sceptical about the differences between maps as alot of companies claim stupid figures. Its not about that IMO.....its all about how driveable the car is and how the power is put down. The Shark Stage 1 ticks all the boxes for me. Do your homework 1st and decide what you want out of the remap. Getting the DPF delete will certainly free up more power and combined with a stage 1 you will see and notice a huge difference. Doing both is quite pricey as you need both the DPF delete mod and the Stage 1 remap.