Off topic (sorry..)

steveg9

Reaction score
Just that it appears our Touran and A3 have the same accelerator pedal...... Anyway Madame has found the 'ran would hardly move this evening, real effort to press the pedal (let alone to the metal), although it improved a bit

I've driven it and the engine performance seems OK albeit a tadge slow after the A3 - but as you push the gas pedal it's like a lump of rubber is in there. You can press gently and it goes normally but beyond that point it gets harder work

Anyone anything similar? Ever?

Nothing on ClubTouran.net.....

mine became a bit stiff once and it was because a small stone off the driveway had got under the pedal at the base of it where is joins the floor!

that's what the VW stealer thought this morning - wonder how much the diagnosis will cost me.........

OK now I know. Stone in the mechanism, an hour to remove, strip and refit. £62.

Just checked - the mechanism on both cars is the same but the fitment is different (unsurprisingly I guess) but on the Touran I can get my fingers right under the fitting, on the A3 I can't

So I'll ave to find a way of sealing the gap (that's not too messy) although the service desk said they hadn't seen one before

But if a stone can get in it's a substandard design

Mine did exactly the same tonight, pulled out of a junction and floored the pedal and it went really stiff. I pulled over and checked but couldn't find anything, carried on driving and it was still stiff.
Gonna strip it down this weekend & see what i can find, my car is parked on stone chippings at home and the small stones tend to get stuck in the soles of my shoes ending up in the foot well.

Pulling the pedal forward reveals part of the mechanism, it must be lodged in there somewhere.