1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off to get the car serviced at QST

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by W8 Performance, Feb 28, 2005.

1. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    Hi all,

I have finally got myself organised and booked my car in for its 60k service.

Despite all your advice I went to book it in to my local thief in Tonbridge. They wanted £375 plus £70 for Haldex oil and if it was a filter as well then it was £150!!! I obviously told them I would call back later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I called QST and they will do the oil / filter, pollen filter and Haldex for about £160 plus VAT. I am sure it will need a few other bits as well but it will come to nowhere near the Audi quote. How rude is this!!! I brought the car from them and it has a 12month used warranty. I was concerned this will invalidate the warranty, but now I dont care.

With the money I have saved I am getting a Hyperboost valve fitted as well! Shame I cant afford the MTM remap though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Will let you know how I get on.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    Rob.... make sure you fill up your windscreen wash... or else they'll charge you for a refill (on my Polo they once charged me eight squids!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif )
  4. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    You are sh!ttin me! I will fill it up mate no worries.

Rob

How much is air for the tyres?

Actually, £8? Are you sure they didnt fill up the petrol tank?
  5. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    I think surprisingly air is free... but yep, it was 8 quid... I questioned them, but it was something like £3 for the actual stuff and £5 manhour fee... needless to say, I did not go back to that garage... Massingberds for anyone who is interested.
  6. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    Sorry mate got a bit confused.

Did you go to QST or an Audi Garage?

Audi can bend over and touch there toes for me to show them where the service there goes!

I am off to Quattro Sport Tuning in Haywards Heath,

Rob
  7. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    Oh sorry, no, this was ages ago at a VW garage... but it's just something to watch out for as my dad was stung for the same thing at a Subaru garage, so I assume its just something they do on a service (and charge for!!!)
  8. bigmoose

bigmoose Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    I use QST all the time, and my car has a full service history with them. I think that you will find that they will use all Audi parts and your warranty will be intact.

I highly recommend them and have no complaints. Paul and Kim are vwry knowledgable and if you are waiting you should get a good cuppa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  9. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    I am going to nip into brighton for a bit when I am there as I have the day off. Will have a chat with them about a remap when I am there. Robthehungrymonkey is thinking of getting it done as well so will ask about a discount for a few of us.

£650 + vat make it hard for me to sit down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rob