1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off set on rs4 wheels

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Turbo-mick, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

[Oct 20, 2013]
    What's the best off set for 18s
    am running standard suspension with rs4 reps on 225 40 18 with wheel off set of et45
    but the touch the inner body on full lock
    am I right in thinking the lower the off set. Will pull the wheel more out
    for eg- if they was et 35 the would be a bigger gap between the in lip of the wheel and the shocker

like if I got some 10mm spaces would that set my off set from et45 to et 35
    Any clues thanks
  2. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Oct 20, 2013]
    Yes, offset is the distance from the centre-line of the wheel to the mounting face on the inside of the wheel face, so the lower the offset the farther out the wheel sits relative to the hub. Positive offset puts the centre line past the hub, negative offset means the centre line is further out than the face of the hub.

When looking for spacers, you just take the thickness of the spacer off the ET of the wheel (both are in mm) to get the new offset. You have to take different widths into account as the width of wheel affects where the offset measures to from the hub face, so are your reps the same width as the standard wheels?

I take it you mean B5 RS4 reps? B7s are 9x19", ET29. I don't know what the standard B5 wheels measurements are.
  3. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

[Oct 20, 2013]
    Cheers mate
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 20, 2013]
    A4's run 235 tyres as standard on 18" ET43-45 wheels, I don't understand why 225 tyres would hit the wheel arch?
  5. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

[Oct 20, 2013]
    There touching the inner **** guard on full lock mate