1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM XENONS ARE THEY WORTH IT??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mattyboyc, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

Hi all,
    Looking to gauge an opinion here, I have aftermarket HID's fitted but possibly have the chance of some OEM ones, I know I will have to have a wiring harness as the plugs are different, my HID's are housed within the hheadlights so neatness is not a factor, I won't bother with the self levelling and headlight wash but just want to see whether all the expense and hassle is worth it
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

no point in going for the change if you've got decent aftermarket HID's versus partially installed OEM lights (i.e. no washer / self levelling), as they're both illegal without the washer and self levelling...
  3. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

Yer get your point was just wondering if there was a vast improved light output with the OEM units
  4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

The light quality will be best from whichever has the closest to 4300K bulbs and the least imperfections (scratches/crazing) on the lens of the projector unit... a mint condition Halogen OEM projector unit + aftermarket HID's will be better than a really old factory fitted HID projector.

I know some manufacturers use a higher grade of lens on the factory fit projector unit for HID's versus Halogens, but I don't think Audi ever cut costs like that on their Halogen projectors...