OEM Sub volume (S3 8P)

Spiezels

Reaction score
Hello!

Is it normal that the sub seems to fade up and down on different radio stations?

It's stable when playing through the phone but some radio stations (especially pirate esqe ones)

Is that to do with the way the car receives the signal as opposed to the Sub itself.

Nice one

I'm no expert but studied some electronics in the past.

Radio reception usually have increased bass boost.

Is the volume playing you up and down or the actual lack of it from time to time?

I would assume, it will be down to the reception. As you are driving around as signal strength will not be the same every time. Therefore, stereo signal might disappear and come back again.

If it's all fine with the sub while you listening to other media source, I would take above as a blame.

Is the volume playing you up and down or the actual lack of it from time to time?

I would assume, it will be down to the reception. As you are driving around as signal strength will not be the same every time. Therefore, stereo signal might disappear and come back again.

If it's all fine with the sub while you listening to other media source, I would take above as a blame.

Think you maybe right mate.

It's the power of the bass as opposed to volume.

So assume its linked to signal strength like you say.

Maybe getting a DAB system would help as the signal would be more stable??

Reactions: KrisKrk

Think you maybe right mate.

It's the power of the bass as opposed to volume.

So assume its linked to signal strength like you say.

Maybe getting a DAB system would help as the signal would be more stable??

Reactions: KrisKrk
If you're after DAB system, contact @DJAlix from VAG Car Coding. Site sponsor and does all the part sourcing, retrofits and coding you would need.