OEM PDC fitment to an A3

terrymcg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking at fitting an OEM set up of PDC to an A3. Not the Audi off the shelf kit.

I see all the looms can be bought from Kufatec, which leaves me with a few questions:

1. Can you use your normal non PDC rear bumper and simply hole saw the holes, and glue the PDC brackets to the rear of th bumper. This allowing the OEM flush sensor mounted look.

2. Where is the OEM position for the control module and the buzzer?

3. Where does the loom from the control module connect when it heads to the front of the car? DOes it plug into available spaces in an empty connector up front?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Terry

Hi guys,

I am looking at fitting an OEM set up of PDC to an A3. Not the Audi off the shelf kit.

I see all the looms can be bought from Kufatec, which leaves me with a few questions:

1. Can you use your normal non PDC rear bumper and simply hole saw the holes, and glue the PDC brackets to the rear of th bumper. This allowing the OEM flush sensor mounted look.

2. Where is the OEM position for the control module and the buzzer?

3. Where does the loom from the control module connect when it heads to the front of the car? DOes it plug into available spaces in an empty connector up front?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Terry

A heavily disguised mk5 r32 to be an A3 I reckon :detective2: :whistle2: :ninja: lmfao.

Anyway moving on:

1: Yes you can drill out with a nice hole saw/cutter metal bit, I think between 21-22mm, but the a3 doesnt come with brackets on there own, its usually the whole bumper if you want sensors to be fitted, so I actually got some A6 brackets & stuck the sensors in place in the holes of the bumper with some superglue to hold still with brackets so flush with the bumper fascia & then stuck them solidly on the inside of the bumper with epoxy which now resembles bird poo, lol, looks completely oem trust me if done right, just fit sensors in place 1st & check flush then tiny bit of superglue on inside to hold steady then once in place use epoxy mix to fix permanent then leave for a day & if you want to, stick load of sikaflex or sealant over top of that for weather protection so never comes of.

2: On an a3 its hidden on a bracket rear quarter drivers side behind the trim, you need to check etka for position of the unit on other cars hint hint, I'm sure its fitted at rear for other cars aswell given bumper loom is seperate to the main loom for car connections to make them work.

3: The wires have to be connected to power, ground, canbus etc which would need to be checked specifically again for the said car being installed onto, would need checking but no reason why cant fit sensors & bumper loom now.

4: Spray bumper when sensors are fitted so cut out plastic looks factory aswell.