1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM look iPhone/iPod dock

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Greenels, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Greenels

Greenels New Member

[Feb 13, 2011]
    Hi guys, been a member of the site for a while but never posted anything. Thought I would share what I have done to the card tray in my B7’s dash. Don’t know if it’s been done before, never seen it on any other forum.

Basically I decided that I needed something to hold my iPhone in the car, however I cannot stand these clip on / suction cup universal phone/mp3 player holders. They fall off look untidy and you have wires all over and it winds me up!

So after 3-4 hours of dash dismantling and the destruction of 1 iPhone desk stand, dremeling of parts and cables and then putting it all back!!
    I have managed to manufacture an OEM look iPhone/iPod Dock basically in short I have managed to jam an iPhone 4 desk stand into the card tray and wire it up the stereo for music and then the cigarette lighter for charging. I fitted it all about 6 months ago and it has worked flawlessly every time.

Interested to know what you guys think

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Feb 13, 2011]
    looks good seen it done on audizine
    and the 1 in the ashtray
    good work