OEM BT module , model specific or not.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I need a bit of help with oem BT module selection guys , i know this subject has been covered a fair few times but i could really use it again as the whole subject has really got me confused now and just dont know what to get now.
My avant has the concert 2 head unit, with mfsw but no BT installed, well if it is i cant get it activated, nothing under the passanger seat either.
what parts will i acctually be requiring to get this up and running, i was going to buy the module with p/n 8P0862335E , but wanted to be sure it was the correct module.
any help would really great as my poor old brain has just died on this subject.

cheers
rob

Have you scanned for it with vcds?
Checked if the telephone fuse is in the fuse box?
Do you have telephone mount in the front arm rest?

thanks for the reply , i do a vcds scan once a week just to keep a check on any faults that may occur and nothing shows for BT or telephone connection etc, i havent checked the fuse one though.
I think there may have been a phone mount in there from the previous owner as there are marks where a mounting plate or similar extra holes have been made etc under the rubber mat in the tray beneath the arm rest.

H iRob - worth checking for the oem mic in the interior light above our head to see if it had an install before. If not you'll need one. I would go for the later model 8P1 862 335 (no suffix) to ensure compatibility with newer phones. After activation - that should be all you need as you've got the MFSW to control calling in the DIS. That said, I've only done A4s with RNS-E, but no reason why a Concert won't let you - it'll just say PHONE in big letters is all....

thanks for that info phil, i'll have a look in the morning to see if there is any sign of a mic there, if it has been removed will it be obvious , such as just an empty hole or a blanking plug there or if it was never fitted will it be covered etc if you follow my drift.

If its been removed it won't be obvious as the feature it clips into is in all the light clusters anyway but its black and oblong if its there :) Probably a wild goose chase, but you never know...

I usually get the bits from: http://www.carsystems.pl/audi-bluetooth-8p1862336-upgrade-kit-plug-play,id420.html

I think the adapter will be fine for Concert 2 as well as RNS-E. Only snag is generally that these looms don't have K-line in them, only Can-bus and the B7 needs K-line to chat to the BT module so I had to run a repair wire of my own into both plugs on the harness - but that might have changed nowadays so worth asking whoever you buy the bits from...

many thanks for the help phil, i'll be sure to ask the right questions then when ordering the parts.....

I have it in mine and it works really well. I never new I had it until spotted a post on the forum. Checked and there it was. I can even use Siri through it which is so cool. I don't use the built in phone book system. Just use it to access directly through my iPhone.

Well just wanted to say that thanks to this thread I've just found out I have BT :), bonus, works great with the interior roof light Mike as well. Did wonder what the extra wire was for when fitting the comfort lighting last weekend.

Awesome. Same as. iPhone works great through it to. Can ask Siri to even send texts etc. Ok you still need to push the iPhone button but that's it. Phone calls made through the mfsw. It's cool

Reactions: Dani_B19
Well looks like my old bus doesnt have OEM BT fitted, it has load of other options except the one i could really use a lot at the moment, I had a good old snoop around the car and not a sausage, not even a hint of BT kit fitted, so looks like i'll be needing all the parts or go down the third party route.

Mines was the same so bought the Dension Pro BT which worked great up until I upgraded my phones firmware to latest IOS now i'm thinking about buying the Fiscon unit or factory one

i was looking at dension too but the oem BT option seems to be rated as the best route for a problem free system, i'll need to look into it in more depth i think.

I'm definitely thinking of the OEM one now that I have the RNSE, I think it integrates with it much better

Oem BT all the way - tucked away with OEM mic is great. Fiscon exactly the same functionality but last time I looked there was no way to integrate with the OEM mic and theirs is the visible clip-on type. I asked them a few years back about the oem mic and position and it was no-no.

Where is the oem bt module fitted. My avant has the phone prep but can not get a phone to pickup any bt.

Want to check this weekend.

If I haven't got bt, is it poss to convert the arm rest phone prep to bt?

It will depend on the part number of the module - either a scan with a friendly VCDS owning person or should be under the passenger seat in a watertight box. Definitely easier to scan to find out what's what :)

What year is the car and do you have a multi-function steering wheel?

I'm going to go with a whole OEM BT kit i think, found a couple of outlets doing them, new BT box and latest MIC etc with the loom for around the £220-240 range etc, I have vcds but not 100% on how to code it in and they will sort me out with coding it correctly, so all things considered not too much really , and it will be a problem free setup hopefully.
thanks for the help all your chaps, much appreciated.

Car is a 2007, yeah has a multi function steering wheel.

Just got vcds and not had chance to use it, what part number should the bt module be?

2007 should probably be ok as only very early ones had limited functionality. Likely to be an "M" suffix or similar on the end of the BT part number. So need to scan the car and look at the coding for module 77 Telephone to see what is enabled and not enabled. Definitely can't see the BT module when first turning ignition? doesn't normally publish itself forever, just for a bit when first turned on...

Where is the oem bt module fitted. My avant has the phone prep but can not get a phone to pickup any bt.

Sometimes if you have a BT module and an armrest phone prep but no armrest phone adaptor and scanning for connections on the phone does not show any BT available you might need to adjust some settings using VCDS.

The items in red need to be coded in.

Bluetooth
[Select]
[77 - Telephone]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 133
[Read]
0 = Bluetooth OFF

1 = Bluetooth ON
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Hands Free Function
[Select]
[77 - Telephone]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 134
[Read]

0 = Hands-free active while Bluetooth connection is active but without cell phone engaged
1 = Hands-free only active with cell phone engaged
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Right, further to the above, ive scanned car and it can find module 77 telephone, the telematics module or voice control module...

Coding for rnse unit is 0309717...

Does this suggest that even tho it has phone prep in armrest the car doesn't have a phone prep kit or are the modules faulty??

Should that be "can't" find? That RNS-E coding suggests it includes "Telephone Preparation with Comfort Functionality" so good in that respect. What happens on the RNS-E screen when you press TEL ?

If it can't find 77 and definitely on A4 8E in the VCDS scanning (i.e. K-line not can-bus for the telephone module) - which I think you definitely are, then yes, likely a dead BT unit (unless its been removed - unlikely as factory fit will be under the passenger seat carpet)...

Cheers Phil, yeah meant cant... Fat fingers and predictive text on phone doesn't help.

Looks like pass seat will have to come out and carpet up then

Yep my fingers are getting fatter as I get older :). Good job iPhones get bigger every 2 years.

Hope it is under passenger seat after all that! Would feel guilty if I'd sent you on a wild goose chase....

Reactions: James2581
well got round to looking at the bluetooth yesterday, looked in overhead light and defo a mic so car defo has phone prep. moved onto fuses and thought i had found an easy fix... no fuse in number 8 fuse holder.

Installed fuse, scanned car and no difference.... However it then created a battery drain and ran battery flat! looks like there is a short in the module or a wire somewhere....

Looks as if i will have to try another module.

well got round to looking at the bluetooth yesterday, looked in overhead light and defo a mic so car defo has phone prep. moved onto fuses and thought i had found an easy fix... no fuse in number 8 fuse holder.

Installed fuse, scanned car and no difference.... However it then created a battery drain and ran battery flat! looks like there is a short in the module or a wire somewhere....

Looks as if i will have to try another module.

Are you sure it's a Mic in the light panel and not the interior ultrasonic sensor? Mic will be rectangular, alarm sensor round?