1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM B6 Avant Cycle carrier required

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JohnboyC, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Dec 21, 2008]
    Hi....yep, I "know" I should use the "Classifieds" for this.....but has anyone out there got either an OEM Avant tailgate Cycle Carrier OR a roof mounted cycle carrier (I already have the OEM Roof Bars) sitting gathering dust in your garage ?

I am not interested in anything other than OEM......good price paid if you have....

Cheers

JC
  2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 21, 2008]
    Get a detach towbar fitted & the thule towbar bike holder version is probably best which allows the boot to open aswell as tilts & can hold upto 3-4 bikes dependent on whch one, easy on/off no fear of car damage & bloody convenience factor alone worth it

If you have a rear spoiler on tailgate forget the straps version, towbar one best as it also folds up for space saving
  3. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Dec 21, 2008]
    Bl*mey.....that means I need a towbar...and dont really fancy the cost of a pukka swan neck job......unless anyone out there has a used B6 OEM towbar for sale ...
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 21, 2008]
    you need a few things tbh & you would be very lucky to find on here, needs a control module & looms wired into the car electrics fella, audi charge about £500-£750 for the parts, I might be able to source them cheaper but then needs fitting which is from audi about £500 from a recent request by someone, I can probably make the looms & fit them for you but subject to checking availability of any parts & wiring schematics, the 8P had to have a new lower valance so have to check this aswell, but I'd only spend time on this if someone was serious enough, got a friend whose up near you who could probably do wiring, I've done mine just the other week.
  5. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Dec 21, 2008]
  6. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

[Dec 21, 2008]
    Yep thats what I have brilliant, only a problem when I want to tow the boat as well. They then go on the boat.