1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM B6 Avant Cycle carrier required

JohnboyC Dec 21, 2008

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Hi....yep, I "know" I should use the "Classifieds" for this.....but has anyone out there got either an OEM Avant tailgate Cycle Carrier OR a roof mounted cycle carrier (I already have the OEM Roof Bars) sitting gathering dust in your garage ?

I am not interested in anything other than OEM......good price paid if you have....

Cheers

JC

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Get a detach towbar fitted & the thule towbar bike holder version is probably best which allows the boot to open aswell as tilts & can hold upto 3-4 bikes dependent on whch one, easy on/off no fear of car damage & bloody convenience factor alone worth it

If you have a rear spoiler on tailgate forget the straps version, towbar one best as it also folds up for space saving

3. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Bl*mey.....that means I need a towbar...and dont really fancy the cost of a pukka swan neck job......unless anyone out there has a used B6 OEM towbar for sale ...

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

you need a few things tbh & you would be very lucky to find on here, needs a control module & looms wired into the car electrics fella, audi charge about £500-£750 for the parts, I might be able to source them cheaper but then needs fitting which is from audi about £500 from a recent request by someone, I can probably make the looms & fit them for you but subject to checking availability of any parts & wiring schematics, the 8P had to have a new lower valance so have to check this aswell, but I'd only spend time on this if someone was serious enough, got a friend whose up near you who could probably do wiring, I've done mine just the other week.

5. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

6. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

Yep thats what I have brilliant, only a problem when I want to tow the boat as well. They then go on the boat.