OEM Aux in, easiest way?

Breezey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a 2004 A3 (symphony 2 + bose ) After an oem head unit purely for aux in whislt keeping the Bose. I'm dubious about getting an RNS-E as i won't use it due to having tom tom on my iPhone. Basically my question is whats the easiest solution, in my mind I'm thinking of a symphony 2+ from an 06 on ( i can overcome the airel differences ) can you do aux in on the symphony 2 + ?

You can get the OEM Aux-In on the II+ systems (2007+) and the RNS-E. Pretty simple install, 3 wires into the back of the head unit.

Your only real option for the Symphony/Concert II (pre 2007) is with a CD-Changer emulator, something like a Connects2 system.

You can get the OEM Aux-In on the II+ systems (2007+) and the RNS-E. Pretty simple install, 3 wires into the back of the head unit.

Your only real option for the Symphony/Concert II (pre 2007) is with a CD-Changer emulator, something like a Connects2 system.
From what I've read so far i did fear this about the cd changer emulator which i don't fancy doing much! think it'll have to be an 07 symphony 2+ and just use the ZF aireil with an aux in lead! either that or its non oem which i don't fancy doing as they look ****e!

Thanks

Yup, good choice.

You should be fine with the standard aerial system, officially its not the way its supposed to work but when I did the same mod it worked fine.

You'll also need to piggyback a connection on your wiring as the II+ system requires 2 12v connections whereas your II radio requires ony 1.

Yup, good choice.

You should be fine with the standard aerial system, officially its not the way its supposed to work but when I did the same mod it worked fine.

You'll also need to piggyback a connection on your wiring as the II+ system requires 2 12v connections whereas your II radio requires ony 1.
Oh? haven't read up on that do you have any more info please which pins etc need piggy backing?
cheers

Thanks for the post bud had a read of your thread, I may just go for one if the quality is that good! Plus being able to charge your phone from it aswell frees up the stupidly placed cigarette lighter lol!

theres no way it can be that simple as the actual head unit doesn't have an Aux function ? worth a bash anyway for the cost of the lead.

Worked perfectly on mine.
Bought the cable, plugged it in and it worked.
Mine is a Symphony on a B8 though, but pretty sure it should work on an 8P

With the mini ISO connector you will either need an adaptor loom to keep the DIS functions etc, or have to cut the existing ISO connector to fit the mini ISO and keep existing function. But yeah viceroy that is by far the cheapest option and I'm ****** I didn't find anything like that!

ive ordered the cable but I'm not going to hold my breath as I'm fairly certain the symphony 2 can't be programmed to receive an aux in connection which is why everyone has made these cd emulator boxes!

Right so cable and keys have arrived i will be attacking this on sunday more info to come i will do a guide if i can get it working!