1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM airbox screws/bolts needed.. will pay

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jamieA3, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jamieA3

jamieA3 Member

As above really guys. I have the airbox but no fixings for it. I will hapily pay for these if you have them spare. I;m removing a dirty K n N that previous owner had fitted ( badly ) and cant justify the 120 pound extra the insurance company wants for a cone.

Thanks muchly, could a moderator lock the thread when someone gives a positive response.

jamie

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3

You could try Stoke Audi, they are site sponsors. You will find them on the sponsors section on the main forum page. X

4. jamieA3

jamieA3 Member

didnt realy want to pay dealer prices sandra, thaught if someone had the parts laying around ( as most people seem to go jetex ) then they might want to flog them. I cant find any on ebay that dont come with the air box. Thanks, Jamie

5. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

2 Mine were missing, in Nottingham we have a fixings shop that has every size bolt, screw, nut, nail, washer ever made. I just got some from there. Cost couple of quid. I also changed all my engine cover fixings to Allen key heads as the STD ones were rounded off.

6. jamieA3

jamieA3 Member

sounds like a useful shop. trouble is how did you know what sizes you need ?

7. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

Took the car down and trial and error, I've got an s3 now that was my a3 but done same for engine covers

8. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

Am off to car death row tommorow, ill have a look for you, if i find some ill sneak em in my pocket for u, just pay the postage :)

9. jamieA3

jamieA3 Member

As always Carl you are a star. ill add a bit more on top to cover your hassle and the rick of being nicked for theft lol

10. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

lol you would not beleive some of the things ive walked out of a scrap yard with! (or really say to our lass "quick stick that down ur kegs). If I get some just postage mate am not charging for something that's not cost nothing. (my scrappies will let me have screws etc for nothin to be honest lol)

11. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

I'm not sure why you are so worried? Dealer prices are not too bad for screws and bolts. I paid 26p each for the screws that hold the lower door skirt trim on an S3, the dealer had to take £1.04p off me for 4 screw, the postage and packaging must have cost that!? Haldex ECU metal gasket and hex bolts are under £5 aswell. It's the larger parts you need to worry about!

12. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

That would be very true

13. BtownA3

BtownA3 Member

I have an OEM airbox sat on the floor of my workshop.... Will check all the bolts are in it if they are I will drop you a PM and you can have em

14. feck_on_a_stick

feck_on_a_stick Active Member

I bought a fixing a few months back for my airbox whilst I was in getting a pair of screws for my engine cover and if memory serves me right it was less than a pound.

I'm all for saving money, but if there's an Audi dealership near you, it would def be worth ringing and double checking.

15. jamieA3

jamieA3 Member

thanks to all who replied. cant believe ive had 109 views on a thread about nuts.:eyebrows:

BIG THANKS TO CSJUK who as always has been a great help.

case closed