1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM A3 aluminium trim...Where can i find it?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by PNH80, Mar 5, 2008.

1. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

Alright guys, I've currently got the gloss black trim in my A3 (3 door) but i'm considering fitting the brushed aluminium trim instead. One problem...I can't find any!
    I've done the usual rounds looking through Ebay and the net only to find aftermarket products which i really don't want.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction where i can find authentic trim at a decent price?

Also, is it difficult to fit? Anything to watch out for or does it literally just snap on and off?

Cheers. Paul.
  2. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

Try VAG parts.com they list it.
  3. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member

Not too bad the most difficult bit I found was the gear changer trim on my DSG - only slightly fiddly.

All you need to do is look at the replacement trim item to show you where the clips are that you need to release to change the trim. Take your time and have a range of flat bladed screwdrivers, rags and cardboard to protect the panel trims when you prise trim off.

I'd also say leave your self pleanty of time so that you can change it at your own pace.

Paul
  4. mattandrew

mattandrew Member

5. PNH80

Cheers for that guys...very helpful indeed. Wouldn't have thought something that basic would be so hard to track down! Still pricey for bit of pressed metal but i'll get my credit card out!
  6. PNH80

I notice in your sig that you have Philips extreme bulbs. I take it you don't have xenons? Are the philips bulbs a big improvement on standard bulbs?
  7. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Personally I prefer the piano black to the silver, so I'm sure you'll find a good home for the old bits. :thumbsup:
  8. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

They ain't as good as xenons b ut are much better than standard. I did put a post up showing the difference between the bulbs. The philips are much whiter and give a better spread of light.
  9. PNH80

Might have a look at those. I bought my car nearly new (7 months old, Audi owned demo car) without xenons and i'd really like some fitted. I'd be interested to know if the facelift model xenon units (with LED running lights) will fit the current model. But for the time being the Philips might be a good replacement.
  10. PNH80

I know what you're saying, i don't have a problem with the piano black trims. They look good but i just fancied the brushed aluminium.
    The 'fishscale' is quite a nice sporty finish too, maybe a little busy though...