1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OE S4 Brake Pads - any good?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Sulli, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Sulli

Sulli Member

[Jun 18, 2012]
    I currently have drilled and grooved discs (supplied by Audi), braided lines and running EBC Red Stuff. I have always found Ferodo DS2500s to be excellent in the past and would rate the red stuff as good as those. I now need new pads fairly soon, and a mate works for Listers so can get the Audi ones at cost - waiting on price but guess £40/£50 for fronts. I will be looking at £100+ for Red Stuff or DS2500s. What are the standard pads like? Any fade with regular hard braking? Any good braking from very high speeds?
    Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 19, 2012]
    You would expect standard pads to be half decent for the S4 - however, I too can vouch for DS2500's - they sometimes last longer than standard pads too - plus they really work when you want them too..... for an item that will last 2+ years it may be worth paying abit more and getting the better pads.

I would stay away from anything EBC in my opinion - I used the redstuff pads a few years ago, they chomped through the discs with no real gain in braking performance.