OE mats for 2000 A4 Avant - where?

tubtub

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could buy some OE carpet mats in grey for my A4 Avant? The cheapy ones I have don't stay in place and I don't fancy nailing them to the floor.

I've wanted the same for a while and have had trouble finding any... my drivers one is missing (no idea why!) and although I'd like to replace the odd one that I have I don't fancy going for aftermarket mats, although there are some very good quality ones out there, because I want them to locate on the lugs that Audi supplied.

There are lots out there that say they stay in place but in reality they don't last in my experience...

I have OE mats which have lasted quite well in my '97 saloon (183K miles) but the fixing is different so I can't swap them to the Avant.

Forgetting OE for the moment, where's a source of good quality ones?

There are quite a few on ebay... someone on here a while back recommended them. Take a look or do a search, I'm sure you'll find something... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I did; my cheapy, slidey about ones come from ebay.... it may even have been me who recommended them but that was before I found they kept moving!

I was qouted £26 + vat from my local stealer for a set of 4 for my '96 Avant. Is that too much?

[ QUOTE ]
I was qouted £26 + vat from my local stealer for a set of 4 for my '96 Avant. Is that too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No because when I went to enquire a few months ago at my local stealer for some rear mats to match the front ones in my Avant they wanted £34 + vat for the rears alone (admittedly the fronts are rather nice velour-type carpet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) but whilst winter lasts have just made do with rubber mats in the rear instead...
Speaking of carpet fixings does anyone on here know when they changed the carpet fixings on the A4?
My '94 80 Avant had OEM mats that had holes with snap-in rings that located over plastic pegs built-in to the floor covering.
When acquired my A4 Avant had OEM front mats with again a similar fixing method, but despite new plastic snap-in rings on the mats they just wouldn't fix in place securely....
It looked as if there should be a small screw holding each over-mat down onto the locating peg, I asked at my local Audi Centre and they reckoned that a small self-tapper is what was needed.
There is no mention of this fixing on Etka, but it works perfectly, my carpets are rock-solid now....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif