1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OE Diverter Valve

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_highlander1, Jan 6, 2005.

1. imported_highlander1

imported_highlander1 Guest

Does anyone have the part number for the oe diverter valve for a 99 1.8TS. I went to the Audi Dealership in Edinburgh but the guy was unsure what part he was looking at on his computer, Also is it worth using one from a more powerful model (can you?) instead of the oe part.
    Cheers,
    Deano.
  2. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

I replaced mine with the OE one for the RS 6 which a few people do as its uprated the part number for this is
    06A 145 710 P.
    I paid £22.87 inc VAT for it in august 04 from my local dealer

The original valve part number is 06A 145 710 N
  3. Drill

Drill Member

Just a heads-up in regards to the "P" vs "N" DV's. I purchased both when I got the TQ chipped and straight outta the box the "N" valve has a stronger spring than the "P". I'm not sure, but think maybe the RS6 runns less boost, and therefore gets the "Softer" DV. But that's currently just a theory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

Try him with recirculating valve, if he still doesn't know that then he's not worth his weight in **** and give him the part number.